Combining elements from both trading and strategy games, Commander: Conquest of the Americas will appeal to wide range of players.
Players take charge of one of the many European powers aiming to conquer the New World. Starting from 16th century, players can choose form many different nations, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
Founding new colonies and then making them thrive is key to success. In order to accomplish this, players need to manage and optimize resources and production in their colonies, before transporting the goods to other colonies or back to Europe.
Rival powers and native Americans can prove to be allies or enemies, depending on the player decisions. Hostile fleets engage each other in highly detailed tactical level. Players can command their ships in RTS fashion or take direct control themselves.
THE COLONIAL NAVY DLC
is the first DLC released for the real-time strategy game Commander: Conquest of the Americas. The Colonial Navy DLC, previously offered only as a pre-order bonus, contains a variety of extra ships, resources, new historical Commanders and three full historical naval battles.
DLC content includes:
- 3 new trade and war ships
- 3 new resources, with new production chains & buildings
- 7 new historical Commanders, 1 for each nation, each with new special skills
- 3 Historical Naval Battles
THE PIRATE TREASURE CHEST DLC
adds a new layer of functionality in the form of pirates. It brings with it a new pirate town to the Caribbean, where the player can, with high enough standing amongst the pirates, buy and sell goods, purchase stolen ships and hire pirate captains. Hired pirate captains are able to attack other nation’s ships on the player behalf without damaging your reputation with the nation in question.
A new line of missions is also included. In these you get a chance to hunt down famous pirates and upon capture, you receive special ships as a reward as well as treasure maps which lead you on an adventure to find hidden artifacts. The artifacts you can find include different bonuses that either increases the efficiency of the fleet that carries it or improves the colony which has the artifact in their possession.
- Visit Tortuga to buy items and ships.
- Hire pirate captains and use their fleets against your enemies. Without getting the blame for unprovoked attacks!
- Hunt down famous pirates and confront their fleets in naval battles.
- For each pirate captured, get unique ships and treasure maps.
- Find powerful artifacts that benefit your fleets and colonies.
- Introducing forward and aft chaser cannons into naval battles for the first time.